Friday, February 17, 2012

"Mockingjay" Review

About three hours ago, I finished Mockingjay, the last book in the "Hunger Games" series by Suzanne Collins. I liked it pretty well. Refresh, I really liked it; in fact, it became the third or fourth book to ever make me cry. It didn't make me bawl like Where the Red Fern Grows did, but still, a few tears fell.

Anyhow, the generally story was, as usual, very good. The writing was pretty spectacular. Like Catching Fire  though, I felt like it was a little rushed, as though Ms. Collins was tied to a certain length. On the other hand, I liked everything that happened in the book. So much did happen, though, that either the book needed to be longer or something needed to be cut. I liked the book; I liked what happened; parts of the book seemed a ploy to keep people interested.

Over all, I liked the book, and, unfortunately I can't say much more about it without giving something away to readers. The ending was good, satisfactory, and touching, as well as most of what any reader wanted. I'll write more about the series in general.

Cheers,

Genni

2 comments:

  1. Hey Genni,

    Just wanted to say that hearing your reviews for these books makes me want to read them all much more! Especially before Hunger Games hits theaters next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great to hear SKlove! I'm glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete